If you would like to get the full status updates by email, please contact the VPHA organizers by sending email to info@ vph-ald.com or through the LinkedIn ALD History group. The VPHA update emails are always sent with receiving addresses in the bcc field, to avoid large reply-to-all email chains.
- The organizational poster of VPHA was shown at the conference, http://vph-ald.com/VPHApublications/VPHA_BALD2015_poster_FINAL_2015-09-22.pdf
- Many people seemed to consider joining the VPHA effort and a few already joined the email list
2) HERALD https://www.european-ald.net/
There was a general HERALD day after BALD in Tartu, 30.10.2015. <>
Some things to note from the HERALD meeting:
- New organizations can join still. If your organization is not yet part and you’d like to join, please contact Simon Elliott <>.
- In the personal member descriptions https://www.european-ald.net/members, it is good for all participants to update their profile.
- When updating the profile, one can add keywords. VPHA-related keywords have now been added to the list (when one person adds some that did not exist before, they get automatically added). When people co-authoring in VPHA update their profiles, it will be good to note the VPHA activity, too. <>
3) Update to the VPHA Introduction and Invitation to participate
The Introduction and Invitation to participate of VPHA is from summer 2013 and partly outdated already for some time. <> good to make an update to the Intro and Invitation. <>
4) Malygin’s presentation at ALD Russia http://ald-conf.ru/
Prof Malygin gave an interesting invited talk on Molecular Layering / ALD at the ALD Russia 2015 workshop. I think that this is the first time (perhaps after Drozd’s presentation at BALD, Helsinki, 2014) that a general overview of Molecular Layering is easily available in English, so this is very valuable.
- The presentation has been added to the literature list in http://vph-ald.com/ALD-history-publications.html.
- The slides have been uploaded to the VPHA webpage, with permission of Prof Malygin; you can access them directly here: http://vph-ald.com/UploadedPublications/ALDRussia-2015_Malygin_invited.pdf
5) Essay about Molecular Layering
There is also an essay being written about Molecular Layering (item 8 in the Publication Plan http://vph-ald.com/Publication%20Plan.html), and this has recently been accepted for publication:
- Essay by A. A. Malygin, V. E. Drozd, A. A. Malkov, V. M. Smirnov, "From V. B. Aleskovskii’s "Framework" Hypothesis to the Method of Molecular Layering/Atomic Layer Deposition", Chemical Vapor Deposition, in press (2015).
6) VPHA in numbers
From the VPHA-reading-overview file, VPHA in numbers, as of October 21, 2015:
- # Number of articles listed: 347
- # Comments given: 363
- # Comments needed: 697