About the nomination. It came to my mind that it might be worth listing to the nomination document the awards that have been granted worldwide to ALD so far. Below is my current list and some questions related to two possible additions.
Do you have another award in mind that someone has received anywhere in the world, from some recognized organization, which could be added to the list? If you have suggestions (need to be backed up by a document available in the internet), please leave a comment or contact me at email@example.com.
Awards so far which I am aware of - probably an incomplete list:
- Steven George (professor, University of Colorado, Boulder), AVS John A. Thornton Memorial Award/Lecture 2017, https://www.avs.org/Awards-Recognition/Professional-Awards/John-A-Thornton-Memorial-Award-Lecture
- Hele Savin (professor, Aalto University), Finnish innovation award for women 2017, http://www.aalto.fi/en/current/news/2017-06-01/
- Markku Leskelä (professor, University of Helsinki), A. I. Virtanen -palkinto, 2011, https://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/A._I._Virtanen_-palkinto, http://www.kemia-lehti.fi/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/kemia_uut_2011_14.pdf
- Tuomo Suntola, European SEMI award 2004, "For the development of the ALD technology to semiconductor applications", http://www.semi.org/eu/node/8501
- Tuomo Suntola, The Finnish Engineering Achievement Award 1985 for Electroluminescent Display Technology, Engineering Society in Finland, 1985.
- Tuomo Suntola, Honorary Award for The Development of Manufacturing Technology for Electroluminescent Display Devices, The Foundation of Technology in Finland, 1981.
- Tuomo Suntola, Jorma Antson, Arto Pakkala, Sven Lindfors, Outstanding Paper Award for Atomic Layer Epitaxy for Producing EL Thin Films, The Society for Information Displays (SID), USA, 1980.
- Tuomo Suntola, Award for Electroluminescent Display Technology, The Association of Finnish Electric and Electronics Industries, SETELI, 1980.
The two award where I am thinking if they can go to the list are the following. Opinions welcome.
- Jill Becker enterpreteneur awars - I think this has been awarded but I cannot find a link (I can find that she has been nominated a candidate) - can someone send me a link, please, to more info?
- Riikka Puurunen, The Finnish Technology Development Association TES Young Scientist of the Year 2007, TES http://tekniikanedistamissaatio.fi/wp/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Palkinnot-1999%E2%80%932009.pdf
Since 2011, an ALD Innovation Prize has been given out at the at the international conference on atomic layer deposition. As reported by Parsons at ALD 2016, the recipients so far have been:
- 2016 Suvi Haukka (ASM Microchemistry, Finland),
- 2015 Gregory Parsons (North Carolina State University, USA),
- 2014 Hyeongtag Jeon (Hanyang University, Korea),
- 2013 Steven George (University of Colorado, USA),
- 2012 Markku Leskelä (University of Helsinki, Finland),
- 2011 Roy Gordon (Harvard University, USA).
Virtual Project on the History of ALD (VPHA) - in atmosphere of Openness, Respect, and Trust